Are you up for an adventure?
What would it look like if you gave up one year of your life and dedicated it to going on an adventure with Jesus? An intentional year to develop your faith in God, your call to lead like Jesus and your gifts to serve the church through the Holy Spirit.
Throughout the gospels, you see Jesus come alongside so many different people saying ‘follow me, learn my ways’. You’ll learn more about who you are, what He’s calling you into and how to thrive in a ministry environment. You will be stretched, challenged and encouraged - emotionally and spiritually - and we firmly believe when people step out in faith, Jesus moves through them!
Our internship programme gives you an inside view of church life by running ministries and serving on teams. It's aimed at 18-25 year olds, but anyone is welcome to apply. We are looking for people who are passionate about being a disciple of Jesus and seeing others become disciples of Jesus. We want to invest in you as you discover your gifts and the unique call on your life.
Find out more about our available internships within these different ministries —
Applications for January 2020 & September 2020 are now open!
- Represent Jesus and live a life fully committed to Him
- Fully support the vision of St John’s Crawley
- Be ready and willing to do whatever it takes, exciting and mundane, to build the local church
What’s the time commitment?
- Tuesday evenings – Training at St Mellitus
- One and a half additional days – set by the ministry lead at the start of the programme
- Sundays – serving within your ministry and across the services
- Events – helping to serve and put on events, such as the Summer Fete and Christmas Fayre
- Focus 2021 – serving on a team at Focus, the HTB network summer camp in July
The internship programme runs from Monday 6th January 2020 until Monday 31st July 2020, or from September 2020 until July 2021. Attendance to the programme is mandatory during term time.
You will be fully responsible for your own housing, living and day to day transport costs. Cost of the teaching at St Mellitus and travel to and from London will be paid for by St John’s. We envisage interns will have a part time job to fund their living expenses. Any additional costs incurred as part of your role as an intern will be reimbursed according to our expenses policy.
We’d love to hear from you, to chat through any questions you may have and to explain the application process.
For more information, email email@example.com